All of our pieces are made to be mounted into at least one stud, with these instructions assuming the standard 16″ spaced studs. If your studs are spaced differently we have our Cat Mod collection for 16″ and 24″ spaced studs.
All of our furniture needs to have one of the brackets either mounted into a stud, or into drywall using a #8 2-1/8″ self-drilling toggle anchors.
TO MOUNT A BRACKET INTO A STUD
1. Holding the piece up to the wall, drill holes through the holes in the bracket into the center of the stud with the 7/64″ drill bit.
2. Using the phillips head screwdriver bit, screw the provided screws through the bracket and into the stud.
TO MOUNT A BRACKET INTO DRYWALL
1. First hold the piece up to the wall and, using a pencil, mark the wall through the bracket holes.
2. Take the piece away from the wall and, with the 3/16″ bit, drill holes where you made the marks.
3. Next, lightly tap the anchors into these holes with a hammer.
4. Finally, hold the piece back up to the wall, line the bracket holes up with the anchors, and screw the provided screws through the bracket and into the anchors.
To mount using a Toggle Anchor
We suggest mounting our furniture so that each piece has at least one bracket installed into a wall stud (or brick/cement).
For any of our furniture that doesn’t line up with either of those we suggest using Toggle Anchors. These are designed to mount heavy items into drywall.